The Best Two Years

The Best Two Years

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Teotihuacan & Quetzalcoatl

Hey family!

Sorry I am writing a day early, our P-Day got changed to Tuesday this week because the President of the MTC decided it would be good for us to go to TEOTIHUACAN!!!!! So we got to go earlier today!!! It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen!  First of all, the symbolism there touched me. We got to the pyramid of Quetzalcoatl, and around it were 12 small pyramids, and behind it, three medium-sized pyramids. (Twelve tribes, twelve apostles, first presidency, three kingdoms of glory).  Then we continued to walk toward the pyramids of the sun and the moon. 

We had a tour guide with us, who is a Stake President here in Mexico, and he said he found out all these facts about the people by meditating, praying, and reading the scriptures!!! We got to a visitor center, and outside was a big Olmec mural on the wall. It had many pictures that symbolized the resurrection, how becoming a god requires two people (eternal marriage), and temple ceremonies! Remember, this was about 800 years after Christ that they built these, so this is during the Great Apostasy.  It was truly amazing to see how God reveals his gospel to his children.  Next, we went through the visitor center, and saw statues and figurines that depict almost EXACTLY some of the goings-on in the temple ordinances. We even got to see an ancient baptismal font, and walk underground through a part of one of the temples!!! It is definitely a place we need to try and get back to some day with our family!!!  Then, we got to climb the pyramid of the sun. The path leading to it through the city is perfectly straight, and runs over a river that symbolizes baptism. Then, there it is, the journey symbolizes coming into God's kingdom,and receiving the glory of the sun.  It was such a spiritual experience!  We learned so much more, and we didn't even put a dent in what there is to explore in that ancient city!!!  I definitely want to return with you guys!!!

So, the weather here is rainy one day, hot the other.  Not too crazy hot, and not terribly humid, either . Just enough to make me start to hate having to wear my suit jacket every day here!!!  I know it will be much hotter in Panama though!  Two weeks from today, and I'll be in Panama! It has felt longer than four weeks here, the MTC has not been my favorite experience, as we are stuck at desks ALL DAY!  But, I have also had the most spiritual experiences of my life here as well.  Last night, Elder C Elder A, and I talked more about how close we really are, and how we knew each other before this life.  We decided we all needed blessings of comfort, so us three went into a room on the third floor where no one is staying, and each of us had the chance to offer and receive a blessing.  Let me tell you this, I never thought the Power of the Priesthood, and the power of the spirit could be tangible.  I physically have felt the power of the spirit enter my body many times while I have been here.  It is real.  I cannot deny it.

I don't have time to write Court back, but I think your idea of Christmas in Panama is GREAT!  It will help all of us develop a more Christ-like love for the people there, and like Courtney said- Since our family has been so blessed with so many amazing Christmases, it is time to share those blessings with the world!  Because we have been given much, we too must give!  I will give you more information as it gets closer to Christmas time, and we can make a final plan for how to do it!!!  Thank you so much for coming up with this amazing idea!

So mom and dad... you will never believe what the Elder from Panama who was here last week gave me... HE GAVE ME ONE OF THOSE PANAMANIAN TIES WE SAW IN THE MISSION BLOG!!!  His mom made it, and I traded the white striped tie I wore at my farewell.  It was hard to trade that tie, but it was totally worth it! I will try and send a picture!!!

Well, I need to get going in a minute, I am also sending a letter today with more information about the goings-on at the CCM in Mexico! Oh yeah, something I forgot to write in the letter... We switched dorms to the second floor last week, and w have a stupid ROOSTER, squealing pigs, and junkyard dogs right outside our window!! They wake us up at five in the dang morning! Well, other than that, I love it here, but will be excited to go to Panama! The language is coming along great, so now I just want to go out and teach!!!  I want you to know I love you, and that I can feel your love and prayers for me!  I know we will all be blessed through this great service to the Lord!  This is his gospel, and I truly KNOW it.  I love you all, I look forward to hearing from you next week! Please send more pictures for my album! Love You!!!

Love,

Elder Austin Kipp

1 comment: