The Best Two Years

The Best Two Years

Monday, July 8, 2013

Second Week in Panama

Hey mom and dad, Courtney and Ryan,

 I don't have that much time to write today, but I just want to say that it was AMAZING to be able to talk to you last Saturday. When you talked to me, I felt the spirit Stronger that I ever have before, that is the truth, and it COMPLETELY changed my outlook on the mission, and the feelings that I have been having. Thank you so much for listening to that spirit, and sharing your feelings with me. It is still hard, and very frustrating right now, but I know, that as I continue on in dedicated service to God, I will be blessed more than I can even imagine right now. Just know how thankful I am for what you shared with me that night, and your prayers and fasts on my behalf. Thank the ward as well please.
  So, Panama is as hot as ever!  My area is really hilly, and it is so tiring walking all day, and it is very humid, so I sweat a TON!! But, no one here cares, they all understand. We have been washing our clothes by hand the last two weeks in a sink behind our tiny house, but Hermana L has offered to wash them for us on P Days, if we provide the soap! That is going to be so nice!  I will send of a picture of her family in another email.
   Panama is different than I expected.  It is really jungley like I expected, but it is also really dirty!  They don't have a garbage system in my area, so everyone just throws their trash out on the sides of the streets, or burns it, which smells disgusting.  All the buildings and houses have their doors open ALWAYS, literally, so when we go to a house, we stand in the yard, and yell BUENAS, and they come out if they are there. Everyone here listens to us, unless they are busy, which is pretty cool!  I actually think we will have two baptisms this Sunday of two seventeen year old kids, a boy named Antony, and a girl named Yamaly.  I am so excited to see my first baptism in the mission!!!
  So, Elder P is my companion.  He is from Scottsdale, Arizona and his dad works for HP as well!  He was a two time letterman for baseball, he actually has played with Bryce H, and he played on a Rays scout team! He is a really good missionary, and he teaches with incredible power, and pretty much speaks PERFECT Spanish!!!  He has been a great trainer!!!
   So, President Carmack is one of my new favorite people. I have gotten to know him very well this past week, he truly has an amazing spirit about him, and he has been able to help me so much! He gave me one of the most amazing blessings I have ever received yesterday.  He told me that when the Savior comes again, he will call my name blessed.  It was an amazing blessing. 
  Well, I have to get going, we are going to see the PANAMA CANAL today!  Sorry i don't have more time to write, but I love you guys and I am so thankful for your love, support, and prayers on my behalf!  I love you ALL!!!!!

Love, 

Elder Austin Michael Kipp
Elder Kipp the 5th

No comments:

Post a Comment