The Best Two Years

The Best Two Years

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas is Almost Here

Well, Christmas is almost here!  Can you believe it?  I can't believe this year has gone faster than any other, and it just continues to go by faster and faster.

So, what are the plans this year for Christmas?  Big Christmas party on Christmas Eve at the house, with Swiss cheese chicken and potatoes, then off to grandpa's for Christmas breakfast?  I will be able to call at three (one o’clock there) and I am so excited to talk to you guys and see all the family!  I got the Christmas box as well, thanks for everything you guys sent!  My comp was really grateful for everything you sent him too.  I was happy to see some Slim Jims, I think I ate them all within a couple of days.  I couldn't resist. We have the Christmas tree up and the presents are all underneath! 

We had the Christmas party for the four zones in the interior last Tuesday, and it was great! I got to see a lot of friends from other zones, and we got to hear from President Carmack and his wife Hermana Carmack talked about the atonement and it really made me think more about why we celebrate Christmas.  Hermana Curtis, Elder Hinckley and I sang "Oh Holy Night" for everyone and I played  it on guitar, and it was scary but good!  I love the spirit that music can bring, and I am thankful to have my trusty guitar here with me so I can remember my old days of being a rocker!  Haha! 

Well, I will keep this letter short since we can talk on Wednesday!  I am having a great time right now, this change has been great so far!  I will find out for sure for sure for sure tonight about the surgery, President called the doctor and I will know for sure tonight. So, I will let you know on Wednesday! I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Austin Michael Kipp

No comments:

Post a Comment