The Best Two Years

The Best Two Years

Monday, November 24, 2014

Beach Baptism, Baby Blessing and Service in the Monte

November 24, 2014

Hello everyone!

Glad to hear that all is well back home.  Mom, that was kind of crazy what happened during your MRI with the allergic reaction to the contrast, but that's good that you´re OK and that they found out what is giving you the pain and numbness!

So I didn't think we would be able to see as much success as we did last week, but this week we were able to do even more!  It was a pretty tiring but pretty rewarding week! We were able to baptize Hermano U on Saturday, and it was so awesome to see. He has come a long way, and he truly knows that the gospel is true.  He is for sure one of my strongest converts, and we already took him out to teach some of his friends. Also, we are going to give him the priesthood this next Sunday, and the branch president has already called him to be the new Branch Mission Leader!

Yesterday was an awesome Sunday. We had ten investigators in church, and 78 people in total, which I think is the highest in branch history.   I got to bless a baby, (interesting but cool experience), we were able to confirm Hermano U, and we were able to give the priesthood to a 12 year old youth.  The progress we have seen out here in the branch and with our investigators has been so amazing.  On San Blas, if you are obedient, the blessings are magnified, but if you are disobedient, the punishment is also magnified.  Good thing we are trying to be exactly obedient.

Today, we did an epic service project in the monte, and we got to row canoes for like an hour to the mainland and hike the monte to cut down trees for someone's house.  We also took our wrist rockets, and the two Kuna guys we were with were pointing out all the wild turkeys in the trees, and we went on a hunt, but to no avail.  But, it was some good practice with the slingshots, and we got to help the guys out getting the sticks for their house! Here we do the most exhausting service projects ever!

To answer mom's questions:  We have some rope hung outside the house to hang our laundry, which we wash in buckets.  The hammock is pretty awesome!  But, it will be nice to get back to a bed.  I can't sleep on my side in a hammock, but it is pretty dang comfortable anyway!  Occasionally, we have blue crabs in the hut.  Elder Jensen has one change less than I do, and I think we will stay together one more change, because we are on fire out here right now!

Happy Thanksgiving!   I will try to hunt a wild turkey to eat in honor of Thanksgiving, but if not, I will for sure make some instant mashed potatoes and gravy with rolls from the bread shop!   I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life, and I am so grateful for the best family that raised me in the gospel.  Tell everyone at Grandma and Grandpa's that I love them.  I will be getting some letters sent out for grandma and grandpa when I am in the city in two weeks.

I am so happy, I am working harder than I ever have in my mission, and I am so blessed by the Lord.  I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Austin Michael Kipp

P.S.  I bought a tight Kuna flute today!


No comments:

Post a Comment