The Best Two Years

The Best Two Years

Monday, October 14, 2013

Hard Work Pays Off!

Hey guys,

Sounds like it was a pretty crazy weekend with everything that went on at Grandpa's!!  I am glad to hear that everyone is safe, I have put Riley and grandpa’s name in the temple too, and I am going again on Thursday, so I will put them in again.  I will continue to pray for everyone, and hope that everything works out for the best. 

So, it has been a rainy week, like usual, and it has cooled down a bit.  It has been a nice alternative to sweating about five gallons a day!   We have been contacting a TON lately, because we don't have many investigators who are progressing, and it has finally started to pay off.  The first two weeks of this transfer, we would contact for almost an entire day, and we would be lucky to find ONE person who wanted to listen to us.  But, this last week, we found TWELVE new investigators, and the week before, we found six!  All our hard work is finally starting to pay off!  We went back to the catholic family this last Tuesday, and the mom wasn't there, so we taught the dad, and he got REALLY excited about the restoration, because before, he told us that he was wondering how he could know what church was true.  We set a baptismal date for the 26 of October, and he accepted on the condition that he receives an answer to his prayers that the church is true.  We dropped by yesterday, just to give him a Book of Mormon, and we have an appointment tomorrow with him where we will talk more about the Book of Mormon.  I hope we can get him baptized on the 26th, because I am most likely leaving my area on the 30th, but I won’t find out until the 28th. 


Not much more time to write today... we have a busy PDay.   We are going to Albrook Mall to go bowling, eat, and then go to crepes and waffles for dessert!  I will look up Ipod prices and speaker prices today and let you know how much it is here.  Thanks for everything, I love you all so much!!



Love,
Elder Austin Michael Kipp

No comments:

Post a Comment