The Best Two Years

The Best Two Years

Monday, October 28, 2013

It Is My Time to Move On

Hola familia! Como estan? espero que estan bien!
ahora en ingles.

Hey everyone!  how are you all?  From the sounds of all the emails, it sounds like life is starting to slow down there in Riverton.  It is weird being here October,  there isn't frost on the ground, and it is 95 degrees.  I am gonna miss Halloween on Thursday, it has always been one of my favorite holidays!

So, it is for sure that I have changes this week!  It feels bittersweet, because I love this area and the people, and I have worked so hard here.  But, I am excited to get another new comp, area, and more amazing people to teach!  It has been a good three changes here in Ciudad Bolivar, but it is my time to move on to somewhere else.  I think it will always be one of my favorite areas, with two of my favorite comps.

Today, we are hanging out with the zone for our last Pday with everyone.  We tried to watch a movie today, but it was a pirated movie and didn't work.   Everyone here only has pirated movies, music, and video games!  We are at Los Andes right now for internet, and we are going to go play some soccer afterward.  Oh yeah, did you hear about the World Cup match with the US and Panama?  Where the US scored two goals in the final minutes to win!! CRAZY!  And now, people here give the gringos even weirder glances! 

This last week was good.  We had a temple trip this last Thursday, and it ws great!  I hope I can stay close to the temple throughout my mission, so I can continually go.  We have been so blessed to be able to go so many times here in this zone.   We have had some good lessons this last week.  We taught Andy about the temple, because he is preparing to get his recommend!  We also have found Brother Ledezma's sister, and have started teaching her. She is very Catholic too (most of the people here are) but she is really interested when she listens to us.  We taught the other Catholic family last night, the Marin Family, a little more about the Book of Mormon, and they all promised to read it and pray, so I am excited to see what happens!  I have also learned a lot about prayer this last transfer, and how it is necessary not just in the mission, but throughout our entire lives, to help us know exactly what God wants and has planned for us. He truly does answer prayers.

So Brad and Joe are the home teachers?  I am sad I am not there to particpate in those lessons, which I am sure are pretty entertaining!  I am thankful for both of those guys, they both helped me a lot before the mission, they are some great friends.  Tell them thanks for me.  So, not much else here in Panama to reort right now, just that I am doing so great, loving the mission more and more every day!  I love you guys so much, and pray for you all the time!  I can also feel of the strength of your prayers for me, and am so thankful for them.  I love you all!

Love,
Elder Austin Michael Kipp

No comments:

Post a Comment