The Best Two Years

The Best Two Years

Monday, March 3, 2014

Triple Zone Conference and My Trusty Guitar

Hey everyone!  How are you all on this fine and lovely day?

I am doing well, I just figured out I have changes, so I am both happy and sad.  Happy to get to know more people and a new area, but sad to leave the area that I have helped change and progress so much.  I think I have changed more in this area than I have at any other time in my life, so I will always look back on my time in David with gratitude to the Lord for giving me the opportunity to serve here, and for the trials, blessings, and miracles I have passed through here. 

This last Friday, we had a triple zone conference with the President of the Central America Area, Elder Carlos Amado.  He is known for being a speaker who machetes a lot, so a lot of missionaries were saying they were a little nervous about what he was going to talk about.  But, as it says in the Book of Mormon, the truth is only hard to the unrighteous.  The Lord knows the desires of my heart to be obedient, and that I am trying, so I wasn't nervous.  It was one of the best conferences I have attended, and I had the cool experience of singing “Oh My Father” to the tune of “Come Thou Fount” and play it on the trusty guitar.  Hermana W sang with me and it was great!  Elder Amado talked about learning to understand the language of the spirit.  He talked first about how the gringos learning Spanish have a hard time, and then macheted the Latin missionaries because they are not learning English, and told them that it is a commandment for them to learn English.

He also talked a lot about marriage and life after the mission, and he said that we should get married as soon as we can after the mission, not to wait. That freaked me out a little! haha!  But it was a great conference, and as I have tried to put the things I learned into practice in my life, I have felt so much happier these past three days! I am trying to be as obedient as I can to the mission rules right now! 

Yesterday we made the mac and cheese, and it turned out good!  Not as good as when mom makes it, but it was good, and everyone loved it!  We made it with the Riasco family, the same family we ate Christmas dinner with, and the root beer pulled pork with. They want to come visit so they can eat mom's cooking! 

Going back to school eh?  That is awesome, I know you guys will do great!  I am super excited to get home and go right off to school!  It talks about education in my patriarchal blessing, and I really am anxious to get back and begin studying.  Speaking of that, as you know, all things will be happening at Utah State after the mission, but only if you can help me apply there while I am in the mission.  Could you guys look into that please?  President gives us permission to use internet to apply for colleges, but I don’t even know where to start, plus I don’t have any of my transcripts.  If you could look into that for me, I would be very grateful!  Thanks!

Also, Tyler emailed me, and told me he has a job waiting for me when I get home with L and M's trucking company!  I just told him Sundays off, and I am in…quite a blessing to have connections like that.  Well, not much more time.  I will let you know next week what comes of changes!  I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Austin Michael Kipp


No comments:

Post a Comment