The Best Two Years

The Best Two Years

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Zone Leader in the San Blas Islands

Como están todos? Espero que se encuentren felicez y edificados después del dia de reposo ayer!

These are my last few days here in the office!  I have loved it here so much, and have been able to have so many unique experiences here.  It is bittersweet to be leaving.  I love what I did, but I want to get out and work hard in the field again. 

I learned an essential truth this week.  I don't know how I never realized it before, but I believe that it is crucial to our salvation.  Actually, I know it is. I learned that to gain salvation, we need to do more than just avoid committing sins and doing bad things. That alone will not be enough to merit salvation.  If we wish to achieve eternal life in the Celestial Kingdom, we need to avoid sin AND abound in good works, serving others and showing love for them.  This new understanding gave me a whole new outlook on my entire life.  It gave me a purpose, more than just idly passing time obeying commandments.  Judgment will be a review of ALL the works we have done in our lives, not just a review of all the sins we have committed and which we have repented of and which we have not. When I finally understood this principle, I gained a new excitement to dedicate myself more to the Lord and serve more with more love.

This week, we visited C, and he is still doubting.  He has received witness from the spirit that the church is true, but he doesn't think it is the ONLY true church.  I really think he knows, because he has felt the spirit so strongly, but he is still not willing to take that step of faith and be baptized. He is a dry Mormon!  Yesterday, he was explaining the Book of Mormon in the gospel principles class to the other investigators.  He told us that he KNOWS the church is true, but he can't support the doctrine that it is the ONLY true church, and for that reason he has not been baptized.  But, I know he will.  HE IS GOING TO GET BAPTIZED!

So, the moment you have all been waiting for.... Where is Elder Kipp going?????  I am headed out to the San Blas Islands as a Zone Leader!!!!!  I am super excited and happy!  It will be culture shock and a totally new experience.  My companion is Elder J, and he is a super awesome missionary!!!!!  I am more than excited to go there!  They don’t wear regular shoes there so I need to buy some Crocs and a leatherman tool.  I can get a ton of cool mola!  Speaking of mola, I got a SICK (which means awesome) mola tie last week from a hermana in the sisters ward that is in our district.  But yeah, I'm going to Blas so I will take lots of pictures.  We went to the Panana Canal today, but you're not going to believe me. It was closed.  But, I will be sure to get there and get some pictures before I come home! 

I was praying for you and mom this week, and the spirit told me,"They're in my hands" and that gave me peace to know that the Lord is taking care of both of you.  Well, that is about it for this week. I am so excited to start the Quantum adventures on Blas!!!   I love you all! Don't forget to prepare yourselves for General Conference this weekend!!!

Love,

Elder Austin Michael Kipp

No comments:

Post a Comment