The Best Two Years

The Best Two Years

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas Zone Conference at the Orphanage

Hello family!

This last week has been an interesting one.  We had a bunch of hours of service in the monte and we got super exhausted! And on Friday, our whole zone traveled into Panama City for the Christmas Zone Conference and to get stuff for changes.  I still do not know who my new companion is, but I know it has to be a gringo, so I am pretty excited to find out who it is!  I must say that it was NOT me in the Santa suit, it was a kid named Elder B, and he was a pretty legit Santa.  But, we do have a Santa suit in our chapel on the island so I totally want to sport it on Christmas. 

For the zone conference, we went to an orphanage and sang some songs and hung out with all the kids.   It reminded me of Silver Rush at Riverton, and how the whole town just banded together to help others.  Those were the times that I truly felt the spirit of Christmas more than any other time, and I am so grateful that I will be able to serve others during this Christmas season, and share with them the best gift of Christmas, a knowledge of their Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ.

The trip to the city was good, we all got in safe and sound, it just took us like seven hours! But, we DID get to hit up the new Little Caesars! And it was AWESOME!!!  Brought me back to my childhood... haha! 

So, the Christmas party was pretty epic because Hermana Carmack cooked like 36 pounds of REAL BACON!  WE just about cried.  It was a Christmas miracle!  The Christmas devotional yesterday was great!  I really enjoyed Elder Christofferson's talk, and also how the talks were centered around the family. After all, Christmas is the birthday of our older brother!  I am really excited to serve others and bring them the joy of knowing that Christ is the greatest gift God has ever given us this Christmas.

My brain is scattered, this is going to be a short email.  Not a lot happens when we come to the city...  I love you all!

Love,
Elder Austin Michael Kipp

No comments:

Post a Comment