The Best Two Years

The Best Two Years

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Obedience and Service Bring Blessings

January 19, 1015

Hello family!

This last week has been an interesting one.  We are in a trio with one of my favorite Elders, Elder T.  His companion went into the city because he has medical problems, so we are waiting for Elder T's new companion to get out here.  It has been interesting learning how to work in a trio, but it has been fun!

This last week, we have been able to find a ton of new people to teach!  The whole mission has the goal to start working with and baptizing families.  We are really working hard to try and teach the whole families of all our investigators, and this week we have put up a lot more baptismal dates through the efforts.

I think my faith has been strengthened out here more than in any other time in my life.  These few months on San Blas, I have tried hard to be obedient and trust that the Lord will bless me. He truly has.  Even though it is the hardest part of my mission, every day we see small miracles that make it worth all the struggles and difficulties.  Obedience and service truly do bring blessings. 

I love doing service!  We were able to go to the monte (mountains) a couple times this week and do some work for our branch president and Syla G.  We had to walk for over an hour, and we carried a ton of coconuts to the river and back in a canoe.  Elder T came with us, but here they don't sell boots big enough for him, so he did the entire service in flip flops.  He has had a ton of difficulties and trials in his first six weeks here, but his attitude is always so positive, and I think that attitude is one of the most important factors in missionary work.  If we are constantly complaining about our circumstances, we will lose the spirit and we will not be able to do the will of the Lord.  He has been a great example to me of enduring to the end. 

Well, I don't have much more time this week to write, but I love you all!

Love,

Elder Austin Michael Kipp

P.S.  Utah State online classes are definitely an option so I can save money!!!  I will have to keep thinking about that one


P.S.S.  GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment