The Best Two Years

The Best Two Years

Monday, January 27, 2014

The Best Two Years OF and FOR My Life

Hola familia,

It has been a little bit of a hard week.  I didn't have changes, so I am still here in David, which I am happy about.  It has just been hard with the companion.  He is just doing some disobedient things right now, and whenever I try to talk to him about it, he doesn't talk to me.  The whole last change I was just trying to remember that God put me with him for a reason, to learn something and to teach him something.  So I am still trying to find out what those things are that I will learn and teach.  I have never had problems like this with anyone, and it is a little fear of mine to have to talk about them.  But that is what the mission is about, overcoming my fears and developing and becoming a new person.  I have been praying so much for strength to be able to talk to my companion about things, and that he will realize that what he is doing is not in harmony with our calling. 

We have found some golden investigators, a family of indigenous Nase, and they are super excited.  They have already come to church twice, and have come to three activities we have had in the church!  They are getting ready to be baptized on the 8th of February!  We also found a guy named J.  He is the dad of a girl that got baptized a year ago.  We have taught him the restauracion and the plan de salvacion and he is really acceptive and excited!  He just works a lot, so it is hard for him to come to church...but, he is trying to get Sundays off so he can come!

As for P-Days, we always come to internet at ten, and then usually end up going to a church to play sports and eat lunch with the zone.  Sometimes we go to Boquete or Cerro Punta, the cold parts of Panama, which is nice to get a break from the heat! The sweating never stops though, due to 85% humidity!

I know this gospel is true.  I have really tried to put it in practice much more these last couple weeks.  Not just learn it, but learn how to apply the gospel to every situation and need that I have.  One of the leaders of all the MTC's in the world came to Mexico, and told us that there are 7,000,000,000 different people with 7,000,000,000 different needs in the world, and there is ONE gospel that fills EVERY SINGLE ONE of those needs, and that as missionaries, it is our duty to help people find out how the gospel fits and helps their needs.  It is the same thing with me.  As I have been reading the Book of Mormon, I have prayed so much to have the Lord open my mind to new understanding so I can apply the principles in that book to be a better person. These past few weeks have been some of the most spiritual and most progressive weeks of my entire life.  I can't deny the gospel.

Well, not much more to report right now, just that I am learning and helping people learn, which makes me happy.  I am happy.  Pray for my companion, please.  Thanks for all the prayers on his and on my behalf!  Also, pray for the Presleys, a senior missionary couple who crashed their car into a guardrail this last week, and are very lucky to be alive.  Thanks for everything! I love you all!

Love,


Elder Austin Michael Kipp

No comments:

Post a Comment