The Best Two Years

The Best Two Years

Monday, January 13, 2014

Things I Never Thought I Would Learn

Hey family!

It is good to hear that you are all doing well!  How is the weather up there?  Still freezing cold?  It is still hot here, but the summer winds have started to pick up, so it is nice to have a breeze during the day. 

This last week has been interesting.   My companion still isn’t talking to me a ton, but it is getting a little better.  There is a sister who shares our area and she had some problems with her first companion here, so she has been helping me find out what is best to do.  I still don't know if I will have changes or not.  I think I will, but I won’t find out for another week.  I love the ward here, but it has been the two hardest changes so far with companion troubles and other difficulties.  I think I have learned the most though.  I am studying humility right now in Preach my Gospel, and just trying to remember that the Lord put me in the position I am in for a purpose, and I am trying to figure out what that purpose is.  I have learned a lot.  It has just been hard. 

It has been a good week.  On Tuesday, I went on divisions with Elder B, our Zone Leader from Idaho, and it was awesome.  I introduced him to all things Quantum.  On Saturday, we had interviews, so President came out, and in my interview I told him that I want to go out to the San Blas Islands.   He said that they usually send the people that tell president they want to go, and he told me my time will be coming soon.  As for the surgery, I will find out at changes whether I need to do it in David, or if I will be getting changed into an area closer to the city.  The mission is getting coverage for the missionaries soon, so I might wait until February so that we don't have to pay.

We had an awesome lesson with our investigators that are going to be baptized on the nineteenth of January about the restoration.  The spirit was strong as we explained about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.  I love teaching about the Restoration because it is what makes The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints different.  It is the central message of the church, and I love to see people get excited when they hear about Joseph Smith and what he did. 

Well, not much more is going on here.  I am learning so much right now, things I never thought I would learn in the mission.  I am learning how much the mission really does turn a boy into a man, and prepare him for the rest of his life.  When you get a chance, read Moroni 9.  It is the epistle of Mormon to Moroni, and talks a bit about our responsibility as members of the church to do the Lord's work.  I use it all the time with less actives and have seen positive results in reactivation.

I love you all!

Love,

Elder Austin Michael Kipp

No comments:

Post a Comment